Tuesday, September 2, 2008

2.15 in the morning

People are not normally awake at this hour but somehow I am at my most active stage. Maybe it has got to do with someone's alarm clock sounding at 2 in the morning... Well at least it is the electronic sounding one that just goes "di-di-di-di" over again, and not like mine which rings via some striking mechanism and very loudly! I used to stay in a hostel where one of the students had THAT ringing clock which would go off at 7 in the morning and not stop ringing for what seemed like forever (it may be only a few minutes though) until he decided to actually get up and switch it off. I cannot believe how anyone could sleep through that horrible noise. Oh.. I could hear his alarm clock all the way from my room, one floor and one corridor down. For me, I literally jump out of bed and immediately slam the "off" switch once the alarm clock sounds. My clock therefore looks more damaged than most, seeing as how it takes one too many swan dives off the stand in my fervour to shut it off. For a plastic clock, I must say that mine is definitely rather hardy!

A problem though is that after immediately switching off the alarm, i go straight back to sleep. I need a mechanical alarm clock with a snooze button :P Presently, I have two alarms set for the morning, and one more during exams!! The electronic ones do not work particularly well with me though because I am very much a heavy sleeper and the beeping is just not irritating and continuous enough for me to care about turning the alarm off. My dad was made to comb through the neighbourhood shops in order to find my mechanical ringing alarm clock, after mum's complaints that she was woken up by my handphone alarm, while I slept through it.

Its 3 already and I still can hear my housemate's alarm clock.. I think she keeps hitting the snooze button instead of the "off" swtich!

No comments: