Sunday, September 7, 2008

Twinkle

I have never been stargazing in Perth. Maybe its because no one ever suggested it or maybe I just never had the time and the motivation to. When Lee suggested it though, compared to going for bubble tea or coffee which we usually do, stargazing was the clear favourite. Most of the time, I am too active and never really manage to slow down enough to admire the scenery. However once in a while, it is calming to admire the beauty in nature. That was exactly how I felt just now, lying down and looking up at the stars in the sky (even though they were a little blurry due to moisture in the air according to Lee), revelling in a different world where everything was still and quiet. The only loud sound was probably my voice as we settled into our entertaining conversation.

It was a little sad that I have never been to this spot after living in the area for 3 years and having driven by countless times. We were by the river in an undisturbed and just bright enough to not seem scary area where the houses were beautiful as only how large perfectly kept houses with huge lawns could look. It made me wish that I owned a house by the river where I could come out onto the balcony and look out to the river whenever I felt like it (being a regular perfect spot to think).

The only thing that bothered me after a while was the weather. Even though I wore three layers of clothing, had a scarf and boots, I could feel myself going numb. By the time we decided to head to somewhere warmer, it was already 12 and definitely time to head back home. Thankfully, the heating system in Lee's car was powerful and it was toasty after only a few minutes of the heater at full blast. My welcome warm ending to an ideal way to spend the night :)

No comments: