Sunday, August 10, 2008

singstar satisfaction

Dim sum on Sunday was supposed to be the highlight of today. What else could match the spicy tastiness of chicken feet, the sweetness of the custard bun, the tender texture of a beancurd roll... those are just a sample of how much I ate. However, it was singstar that made my day!

I never thought much about singstar.. after all it seemed like karaoke, which I go for quite often since there's nothing much to do here. Oh and of course, I was immediately self conscious since singing for me is mostly done in the privacy of the shower, plus I was going to be rated. After watching two guys before me get trashed by singstar fanatics then laughed at, I was acutely aware of how i needed to get as many points as possible, by matching the timing and harmony shown on the screen. It looked rather complicated and stress inducing. Once I started singing and had the hang of it, it definitely appealed to my competitiveness. It was amazing how much bonding can be done over karaoke with us passing the mic around or singing duets with each other. Some of the songs which I didn't remember I listened to ages ago were dredged out of my brain just by singing or listening to someone else sing it. Yes I would proudly say I had fun singing my heart out and beating everyone at it.

Singstar anyone?

No comments: